Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Identity 03, Act 5 Finished

I finished "The Nine and the Three" this afternoon in a bit of a writing binge (that I'm very happy about), though I did push a scene to act 6 (which makes me wonder if I should split that act into two). The chapter is...long. I'm surprised how long it is. With at least 5 or 6 scenes, I'm sitting on 28k words, which makes me think I might afford to pare down somewhere (act 4, I think, is long for the amount of stuff that happens; act 5 turned out way longer than I thought it would). But then, that's been Identity so far. Long is the name of the game, for whatever reason.

I admit, I'm still concerned about the weekly chapter idea, even though in theory it should be doable. The last thing I want to do is set a schedule and slip on it. Perhaps if I'm up-front about that I'll manage. I don't know. I'd still like to finish each chapter as a whole before I post any part of it. With 6 acts in this one plus teaser, that's 7 weeks to finish the next chapter, and I don't know I can feasibly make that pace. Every two weeks would be much more leisurely, but it also, in my mind, loses a lot of punch.

I spose we'll see what happens.

No comments: